Job Title: Graphics Software Engineer
Job type: This is a temporary position, but potentially convertible to full-time based on performance.
Work place: 5655 Spalding Dr, Norcross, GA 30092
Job Title: Graphics Software Engineer (3D Graphics Pipeline)
Department: Training Technologies Department
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Product Development
Primary Function of Position
Join a team building and delivering on VR robotic surgical simulation games that are used by surgeons around the world to improve their robotic surgical skills. You would be applying to be part of an organization that works every day to make progress on making a difference in the world.
We are currently seeking a Graphics Software Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team and build a photo-realistic graphics rendering pipeline that will enable surgeons to improve surgical skills in a VR robotic surgical environment. The VR simulation must run in the stereoscopic visualization system in real time while performing computationally intensive soft body simulation as well as generating realistic surgical scene and various visual effects.
We are pushing the boundaries of hyper-realistic surgical simulation by continuously delivering on cutting-edge research and developing advanced technologies.
The successful candidate will effectively apply their passion, discipline, and knowledge and hands-on skills of graphics APIs, shader programming, rendering algorithms, high-performance computation, and graphics performance optimization in ongoing VR projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a graphics rendering pipeline to transparently reproduce the da Vinci robotic surgical scene in VR environment
- Custom develop, optimize, and implement physically-based rendering (PBR) and high-dynamic-range rendering (HDRR) algorithms for photo-realistic rendering of the surgical scenes
- Parallelize the graphics/simulation code using multi-threaded and GPU programming
- Develop a variety of visual effects in collaboration with the greater design team
- Work closely with artists and research engineers to productize high fidelity da Vinci robotic surgical simulation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related fields
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing graphics software, preferably in visualization, AR/VR applications, or video games
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working with graphics API such as GLSL, HLSL, and Vulkan
- Ability to discuss compromises and trade-offs of graphics rendering and visualization technologies as it impacts performance, implementation, and scale
- Demonstrated hands-on skills of C/C++/C#
- Strong shader programming skills
- CUDA programming skills
- Solid knowledge of multi-threaded programming in C++
- Action-orientation and bias towards on-time delivery on commitments
- Actively seeks and constructively engages in feedback discussions
- Enjoys solving challenging graphics problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of graphics rendering and performance optimization in Unity
- Knowledge of collision detections algorithms
- Knowledge of computational and differential geometry and mesh editing
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field